BVRA has employment opportunities for listed below:
2020 AmeriCorp Position #1 – Summer Camp, Special Events, and Pool Support Coordinator
2020 AmeriCorp Position #2- Outdoor Adventure Summer Camps, Camps, Outdoor Recreation & Special Events Coordinators
2020 Summer Camp Counselors (fill out application)
2020 Lifeguards (fill out application)
Part-time opportunity (12-15 hours a week)
This position assists park maintenance staff in the daily maintenance of parks, open space and trails to ensure all areas are being maintained in a safe and welcoming manner.
- Mow grass using both riding and push mowers.
- Weed removal in areas where weeds cannot be removed by a mower.
- Clean parks to include keeping park facilities swept, notify park maintenance staff when maintenance supplies are needed, and empty and remove garbage.
- Inspect equipment prior to use and communicate unsafe conditions and equipment to park maintenance staff.
- Assist with pool facilities maintenance as needed.
- Assist with maintenance projects at office, gymnasium, and warming house as needed.
- Interact with the public in a professional and respectful manner.
- Keep written reports of work completed as needed
- Assist with the repair of park facilities and playground equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to operate power equipment, riding and push mowers, and various hand tools.
- Have the ability to recognize hazardous and/or unsafe conditions and communicate this to the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, in a team environment and take initiative to complete job duties.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and maintain a respectful work environment
- Display a positive and respectful attitude, be courteous and reliable.
- Ability to handle stress and stressful situations
This is a part-time position, which offers no benefits.
To apply, call the BVRA office at (570) 524. 4774, or email Executive Director, Shirley Brough, at firstname.lastname@example.org