Employment Opportunities

BVRA is hiring for the following positions:

Youth Education Coordinator (AmeriCorps)

Buffalo Valley Recreation Authority (BVRA) is currently seeking a Youth Education Coordinator.  BVRA is a regional recreation authority working to offer a variety of recreation opportunities to Lewisburg residents.  As part of this mission BVRA offers Nature School, a Montessori based preschool program that focuses on getting kids outdoors and instilling a love on Nature.   This position will support the Nature School program and its sister program, Nature After Noon. The Youth Coordinator will act as an assistant teacher to our trained staff.  The coordinator will have the opportunity to interact with both youth and parent participants. They will work alongside our preschool teacher to develop and deliver Montessori style programming for a children ages 3-5 years of age.  During the summer the member will work at our Nature’s Cool Summer Camp for preschool children. Preschool hours will comprise approximately 70% of the employees time. The other 30% will be spent planning and executing youth programming.

This is a position through the National AmeriCorps program. Employees receive a small living stipend. $13,732 annually, an education award of $5,920. The position comes with health insurance and a childcare stipend.

To apply, please send completed application along with resume to: director@bvrec.org.  If you have questions please contact Stacey Sommerfield at 570-524-4774.

 

 

Please wait...

Keep updated with BVRA

Want to be notified with the latest announcements and news from BVRA? Enter your email address and name below to be the first to know.